- Create a booklet on the ABC’s of the Orphan Train — Students use the letters of the alphabet to create acrostics using words that describe the Orphan Train.
EXAMPLE: Careless children
Numbers going west
- Create a diary of Frances Mary, include in your diary different encounters that she may have experienced on her journey west. Students could also write letters beck to the orphanages telling of their experiences in their new homes.
- Create a caricature of Frances or one of the other characters in the book.
- Create a Haiku poem that describes the experiences that the children may have felt being abandoned by their parents and then sent away to a totally different environment.
- Vocabulary Words to Know:
- Keywords / Themes:
Children’s Aid Society
Charles Loring Brace
St. Joseph, Missouri
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39239201-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);