- PLEASE NOTE HOLIDAY HOURS: We will be closed Saturday, December 23 through Tuesday, December 26, 2017 for CHRISTMAS. We will be open limited hours on Wednesday, December 27 through Saturday, December 30, from 1 to 4 p.m. to allow our staff and volunteers time with their families during the holidays. We also be closed Tuesday January 2.
- REGULAR HOURS Tuesday -Friday 10am – Noon & 1- 4pm, Saturdays 10am – 4pm
- Mondays by appointment made four days in advance.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2017, Admission will be: Adults – $7, Military – $6, Students/Children (4-18) – $4, Children 3 & Under FREE; the GROUP RATE (over 10 people) Adults – $6, Student/Children – $3
- If you would like to meet privately with the curator please arrange an appointment at least one week prior to your visit.
The Museum and Research Center are dedicated to the preservation of the stories and artifacts of those who were part of the Orphan Train Movement from 1854-1929.
The mission of the National Orphan Train Complex is to collect, preserve, interpret, and disseminate knowledge about the orphan trains, and the children and agents who rode them. The museum’s collections, exhibitions, programming and research will engage riders, researchers, and the general public and create an awareness of the Orphan Train Movement.
NEW! An expansion of the Brick Courtyard is being planned, near the restored train car exhibit. Bricks may be ordered individually, and BOOK CLUBS will have their own special lane! Click here for the brick order form; please indicate if the order should be included with book clubs.